Mount Kenya University established students counseling centre to enable a smooth transition for the students as they make daily life adjustments and to cope with major emotional difficulties.
MKU Centre for Counselling Services offers FREE sessions to students and staff.
The facility which has well trained professional is led by the University counselor other staff includes the peer counselors, mentors and religion chaplains.
We have they following types of counseling, click to read more details
- Group or couple counseling
- Face-to- face/individual
- Workshops/Seminars for self-awareness and growth
What is Counseling?
Counseling facilitated by a counselor, is a helping profession that empowers an individual to attain his/her full potential and maintain daily normal functioning in order to live a more satisfying life.
What ensues in a counseling session?
- A client’s consent (permission) to participate in the session is sought from him/her during the initial session.
- What the client discloses is kept confidential.
Different types of counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Marital & Family counseling
- Crisis /Trauma counseling
- Career counseling