Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Am I eligible for counseling services?
Our services are extend to all currently enrolled students and staff of Mount Kenya University
- What does it cost?
All our services are offered free of charge
- Do you provide walk-in counseling?
Yes we do have walk in services especially for students in crisis
- Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes, your information will not be shared outside the counseling center without your written authorization except if you:
- State you seriously intend to harm yourself or another person(s)
- Report or describe any physical abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse of children or vulnerable adults within the last three years (this includes the occurrence of abuse or neglect to yourself if you were under age 18 at the time of the abuse)
- Report your use of an illegal drug for a non-medical purpose during a pregnancy
- Report or describe your sexual exploitation by counseling or health care professionals. Also, we must comply if your counseling records are subpoenaed by a court
- What if I have other questions?
Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us on +254 672 820 000 we will be happy to serve you!